There is no more heartwarming, spirit-lifting sight than that of a smiling, happy child. At sherway dentistry, we work with kids and their parents to prevent toothaches, cavities, and other common childhood oral health concerns. We understand that keeping kids smiling involves more than keeping their teeth healthy,
it also means keeping them happy. We strive to make dental care gentle, comfortable, and the fun for our smallest patients.
Kid friendly – parent friendly
We realize that you have many choices when seeking a children’s dentist in Etobicoke. We love kids
here at sherway dentistry, and we would love the opportunity to make your little one smile. Therefore, we strive to give you plenty of reasons to choose our practice:
- There are TVs in our treatment rooms with DVD players, Netflix, and video games available
- We strive to maintain a relaxed, home-like atmosphere in our office
- Our friendly, caring team of professionals will treat you and your kids like family
- We promote good attitudes and positive dental experiences for kids, by entertaining, educating, and encouraging them
- Saturday and evening appointments are available to ensure that great smiles fit in your busy schedule
- We are here for you when you need us, with emergency dentistry services available
We strongly recommend bringing your child to visit sherway dentistry before the age of one. We realize the importance of quality dental care in the development of children’s health and wellbeing
. We want to work with your child from an early age to give him or her a jump-start on lifelong oral health. One of the most important steps, from the very first visit, is establishing a good attitude towards dental care and oral health, and a good relationship with his or her dental team.
Kids of all ages are welcome at sherway dentistry, and we take great care to ensure that your little one feels comfortable and safe. We are aware that children’s dental appointments can also be difficult for parents, and we take care in explaining our recommendations and answering your questions.
We provide many important services beyond basic dental health care. We provide many important services beyond basic dental health care. These include creating custom mouth guards for protection during contact sports, as well as nutritional and dietary advice for parents, and guidance regarding healthy practices in oral hygiene.
Every parent hopes to see his or her child enter adulthood with healthy, attractive permanent teeth and a great smile
. This begins with good dental care and healthy baby (primary) teeth during childhood. Many parents underestimate the importance of baby teeth. Beyond their function in helping a child eat and speak properly, these teeth are crucial for jaw development, because they act as space holders for the permanent teeth. The premature loss of a baby tooth can lead to shifting of the remaining teeth. As a result, the permanent teeth may develop crooked or crowded.
At home oral care for kids
There are many ways that you can help your child avoid cavities and other dental problems. These include:
- Don’t let your child go to sleep with a baby bottle of juice, milk, or any other sugar-containing liquid.
- As soon as your baby has a single tooth, it’s time for brushing.
- As soon as there are two side-by-side teeth, it’s time for the floss.
Dental services for kids
sherway dentistry provides a full range of restorative and preventive treatments including:
- Dental sealants – Help prevent cavities with a thin layer of transparent material sealing the tooth surface, including pits and fissures which are difficult to clean in small teeth
- Fluoride – Strengthen and fortify tooth enamel with a simple, topical treatment
- Mouthguards – Kids or adults who play sports should wear appropriate safety gear, including a custom mouthguard
- Fillings – Keep small cavities from becoming big ones with this simple, efficient procedure
- Patient education – Our dentists and hygienists strive to make dentistry fun and teach kids about oral health using simple terms and words that they understand easily
- And much, much, more
You and your little ones are invited to join the Sherway family of happy, healthy smiles! Just give us a call at 416.639.2546 and schedule an appointment at your convenience.