Dental Crowns & Bridges
We offer a broad range of cosmetic and restorative treatments here at sherway dentistry. Crowns and bridges can improve oral health as well as the appearance of your smile in just a few office visits. From filling a gap in your smile to protection of a tooth after root canal treatment, we have a beautiful solution that suites your needs.
About dental crowns
A dental crown, sometimes called a "cap," is fitted over a tooth, covering every exposed surface. It may be used to restore the size and shape of a damaged tooth, or to protect one with a compromised structure.
The benefits of a dental crown include:
- Repair a decayed or broken tooth
- Correct a misshapen or disproportionate tooth
- Restore the appearance of a tooth
- Correct cosmetic flaws
About dental bridges
A bridge is a fixed restoration that replaces one or more teeth. It utilizes dental crowns to support the false tooth or teeth. Because a bridge is a single unit, the process is streamlined and convenient, very similar to that of a dental crown.
The benefits of a dental bridge include:
- Restore chewing efficiency
- Prevent other teeth from shifting toward the space
- Eliminate gaps in your smile
The crown and bridge procedure
The procedure consists of a few simple steps:
- First a consultation to discuss what option many be best suited for your needs. Once decided, the crown / bridge is designed
- Next the tooth is prepared for optimal crown retention and a temporary restoration is added.
- You will then come in for a follow-up when your new crown / bridge is ready.
- At your final visit, we will confirm the appearance and fit of the restoration, then cement it in place.
Please give us a call at 416.639.2546 at to schedule an appointment, or if you have any questions.