The very basis of beauty is health. When it comes to your smile, there is nothing quite like routine care to keep you looking and feeling your happiest and healthiest. At sherway dentistry, your family
receives care from a knowledgeable and compassionate dentist
who knows how to get the results you want. If you live in the Etobicoke
and Mississauga area and want to take care of your smile, we invite you to schedule your consultation with our friendly dental team.
Dr. Tuli and Dr. Pavelic, along with our staff, work with patients to develop routine care and focused treatments to prevent or address concerns like cavities and gum disease. Additionally, we find it our duty to empower patients to maintain their healthy smiles.
- Eating well is good for the body, the smile, and the mind. A diet that is low in sugar is preferred due to sugar's harmful effects on teeth and the body. Sugar may not be the direct cause of cavities, but it is sugar that feeds cavity-causing bacteria.
- Alcohol consumption should ideally be kept to a minimum, and recreational drugs avoided. Over consumption of unhealthy beverages can lead to erosion, discolouration, and a significant increase in the risk for cavities, gum disease, and other conditions.
- Smoking is a habit that many people recognize as unhealthy for the lungs, skin, and more. The use of any type of tobacco product can be detrimental to the smile and to general health. In addition to staining teeth, tobacco robs tissues of oxygen and leads to degeneration.
- Take the time to care for teeth and gums daily. If not after every meal, brush teeth for two full minutes morning and night. Also, floss teeth once a day or more if needed to fight active gum disease. We are happy to demonstrate brushing and flossing techniques for our patients.
- Use the tools that get the job done. Toothbrushes come in various types today. What may meet your needs will be different from others. The goal of oral care is to thoroughly cleanse all surfaces of each tooth. Talk with your dentist or hygienist to determine the type of toothbrush or flossing tool that is designed for your unique needs.
- See your dentist! We understand that there are many adults who avoid the dentist due to unpleasant childhood experiences. We are proud of the level of care that we offer to patients of all ages. Routine dental care allows you and your dentist to team up for your healthiest smile.
We love seeing our patients achieve healthy, pain-free smiles. Call sherway dentistry
for your visit today.
Back to General & Family Dentistry Home Page