Back to Childrens dentist Page
Learn about dental health care tips for kids from children’s dentist near Etobicoke, ON
posted by sherway dentistry
Parents near Etobicoke, ON seeking a children’s dentist who can provide dental health care tips for kids can visit sherway dentistry. Drs. Shefali Tuli and Mislav Pavelic are dedicated professionals at sherway dentistry, who are here to offer treatment for children and adults under the same roof!
A children’s dentist is a professional who has a specific interest and training in caring for the smiles of kids. This includes specialized treatments such as fluoride applications and sealants, which can protect the natural tooth enamel and reduce the chances and risk of developing conditions such as periodontal disease or tooth decay. A children’s dentist also has a gentle hand and a friendly demeanor to build a positive relationship with children over the course of many years to ensure they have a proper foundation and education for good oral health for life!
What services are offered by a children’s dentist?
- Fluoride treatments
- Composite resin bonding
- Periodontal services
Call Our Office More Information
or Schedule an Appointment
What are some dental health care tips for parents of children?
Many parents ask their dentist what they can do to keep their children’s teeth and gums healthy for life. Here are a few tips and techniques to consider when it comes to managing your little one’s smiles!
- Avoid laying a baby down with a bottle with juice or milk. This often causes the acids to sit on the baby teeth, which will eat away at the natural tooth enamel. Instead, if you must put your baby down for a nap or bedtime with a bottle, use water.
- Use a damp, soft washcloth to wipe off the gums of your baby after every meal.
- As the teeth begin to erupt, take great care in using the proper tools to keep the teeth clean, including a soft-bristled tooth brush and appropriate toothpaste for their age.
- Children three and older should have a small pea-size amount of toothpaste on their toothbrush for cleaning their smile. Parents should educate their child on how to properly brush their teeth at an early age and monitor to ensure it is done thoroughly.
- Children should brush their teeth for at least two minutes, and should include the upper and lower teeth, the gums, and the tongue.
- Routine dental appointments for cleanings and examinations are critical for oral health and wellness. Parents should schedule their children for recall visits with the team of sherway dentistry every six months. This is one way to show your children the importance of quality dental care.
- At the appropriate age, children should be educated on how to properly floss their teeth. There are also special flossing devices that are available for children to use to make it easier to teach them proper oral hygiene techniques. Our team of professionals can also educate parents on how to floss their children’s teeth in case they need assistance.
- Parents should avoid giving their children foods high in sugars and acids such as excessive candy and sodas. These are very damaging to the teeth, especially if they are not brushed off immediately after snack time. These foods and beverages are not part of a healthy diet, which can affect a child’s overall wellbeing.
- Monitor the smile for signs of periodontal disease or cavities. Both conditions need to be diagnosed and treated as soon as possible for the best outcome long-term. This may include the child complaining of pain from a tooth or parents noticing redness or swelling of the gum tissues.
Learn more about kids’ dental health care tips from children’s dentist near Etobicoke, ON
Drs. Shefali Tuli and Mislav Pavelic of sherway dentistry are committed to offering patients solutions for their smile, including an education on how to maintain the health and wellness of a child’s smile. The practice, conveniently located in Suite #302 at 190 Sherway Drive in Etobicoke, ON, provides quality care for children and adults. Call the friendly front office team for an appointment at 416.639.2546 today!
© Copyright 2020 sherway dentistry. All Rights Reserved. Powered by www.ekwa.com